- Pre-boiled hard boiled eggs – Sometimes, I just don’t have the time to boil fresh eggs.
- Audiobooks – I listened to Meb Keflezighi’s 26 Marathons: What I Learned About Faith, Identity, Running, and Life from My Marathon Career during my morning commute.
- My public library system – I was able to check out Meb’s audiobook through the Libby smartphone app with my Kenton County Public Library card (Support your local library!).
- Inspiring interviews – I get to hear and share the story of a local man who has trained to run his first marathon after receiving a heart transplant last fall. I’ll share the story here as soon as it hits the air and online.
- My own running – The butterflies I’m starting to feel as the Flying Pig Marathon weekend approaches. I’m running a one-mile sprint, 10K, 5K and half-marathon over three days. It’s called the 3-Way Challenge with Extra Cheese.
- Another chance – I’ve set a few new personal health and financial goals. I only partially met some of those goals yesterday. I’m grateful for the chance to try to meet them again today.
- Smart Planner Pro – Related to those goals, I’m glad I persisted in using the Smart Planner Pro journal that I purchased last week. Using it felt a bit overwhelming at first, but now that I’ve gotten the hang of it, it is really helping me stay on task.
- Dressing up – I wore a pair of black dress pants, a blue-and-white checkered button-down shirt and black dress shoes to work. A co-worker said I looked like I lost weight and I feel more confident thanks to what I’m wearing.
- Free food – I get to sample a bunch of free desserts as a guest judge for this thing called Best of Taste, which is part of the annual Taste of Cincinnati food festival held each Memorial Day weekend in the Queen City. (Hopefully, I still look slimmer after eating all those sweets 😋)
- Morning texts from Tirza – Around 9 a.m. each morning my fianée texts me a positive good morning message. Today’s text, “I hope your day is good! I still love you even though you didn’t get the Justin Timberlake May meme.” I still don’t understand the JT May meme.
Gratitude is Attitude: April 30, 2019
More gratitude. Less bad attitude. Tastes delicious.